Who is it for?
The book club is for staff working with children and young people who are keen to discover new resources or build on their knowledge and skills about emotional wellbeing and mental health.
What can I expect?
Once a term you will receive a book and associated resources with the aim of boosting your understanding, skills, confidence or ideas when working to promote or support the mental health of children and young people.
For an idea of the kind of books you can expect, take a look at:
In addition to a termly book we hope to provide accompanying resources / opportunities such as:
- Opportunities to join online discussions with authors and experts
- Ideas for utilising book contents
- Author ‘top tips’ videos or factsheets
- Materials that can be used to cascade the key learnings (e.g. PowerPoint and handouts for a 10-15 minute session in a staff meeting or for sharing on staff intranet)
- Recommendations of further reading and resources
- Recommendations for INSET that could be provided to follow up the book. This would be provided fully funded by the CWMT schools team in the usual way
- The opportunity to host / attend a relevant cluster INSET session
What do you expect from me?
Before we dispatch each book club title, we’ll ask you to opt in to receive the new title. This will ensure we spend the charity’s funds most usefully and are not sending titles that are or less interest or to people no longer in post.
For each book you opt in for, we’ll ask you to tell us how you think you might use it and later to complete a short online survey to help us assess the impact that the book and associated resources has had on your skills, understanding and confidence. Please take the few minutes needed to share this feedback as it will be fundamental to securing ongoing funding for the book club and also in helping us to share the most impactful books and resources.
This sounds too good to be true
Yes. I know.. but it is true! And did you know that we provide fully funded staff, student and parent workshops and training on a range of mental health issues too?
If you’d like to make a donation to support the Book Club then you can do so on our Book Club JustGiving Page.
Or if you would like to support the Book Club in a bigger way by becoming a Sponsor, you can find more information here.